The AIMC (L’Associazione Internazionale Mosaicisti Contemporanei / International Association of Contemporary Mosaicists) was founded in Ravenna in 1980. more
In 1987, the AIMC created a project in Ravenna of particular importance: a large public work of art, entitled MOSAIC OF FRIENDSHIP AMONG PEOPLES, at THE PEACE PARK. It is a permanent outdoor exhibition of mosaic works by contemporary artists from many countries, a unique open-air museum. The AIMC still enjoys the support of the City of Ravenna, which houses the administrative office of the Association at the Art Museum of the City (MAR), on the ground floor of the Loggetta Lombardesca. Since its foundation, the AIMC has remained active with conferences, exhibitions and publications aiming to promote contemporary mosaic throughout the world. The Association has organized International Conferences and Exhibitions in:
- Trier, Germany with the local University, Department of Letters (1984)
- Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium with the local University, Department of Architecture (1986)
- St. Petersburg, Russia with the Academy of Fine Arts (1992)
- Kamakura, Japan with the State University of Fine Arts and Music of Tokyo (1994)
- Alexandria, Egypt with the local University, Department of Fine Arts (1996)
- Ravenna, Italy with the University of Bologna, Department of Cultural Heritage and Conservation (2000)
- Vitoria, Brazil with the “Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo” (2002)
- Melbourne, Australia with the ACU National University and the Australian Multicultural Foundation (2004)
- Skopje, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia with the Museum of Modern Art and the sponsorship of UNESCO (2006)
- Gaziantep, Turkey in collaboration with the Zeugma Museum (2008)
- Athens, Greece in collaboration with the Greek Mosaic Association (2010)
- Athienou, Cyprus at the Callinikeio Municipal Museum (2012)
- Vienna, Austria at the Kulturzentrum Palais Palffy (2014)
- Spilimbergo, Italy with the Scuola Mosaicisti Del Friuli (2016)
AIMC continues to host a Congress every two years, each time in a different international location. The Congress includes several days of activities, including presentation of works by members, speakers on relevant topics, exhibition of members’ works, a General Assembly meeting, as well as much informal networking, exploration of the cultural offerings of the locality, and fun!
In October 2018, Maison de la Mosaïque Contemporaine in Paray-le-Monial, and Mosaïque Magazine will host in Paray-le-Monial, France, our next congress.
Stay tuned on our website -page: AIMC Congresses- and newsletter for updates on the 2018 congress.
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.